The cry of the auctioneer, stock trailers lining the parking lot, and the distinct smell of cattle mingling in the air. There is only one place this could be… the livestock market. Tennessee is fortunate to have many livestock markets across the state to meet the needs of the cattle industry. In this week’s FIVE on Friday, we are sharing FIVE of the livestock markets in the Volunteer state. Stay tuned as we highlight ALL the livestock markets in the coming weeks!
- East Tennessee Livestock Center, Sweetwater, TN—Regular sale each Wednesday at 12:30 p.m, EST. Visit their website, easttennesseelivestock.com for special sale dates.
- Smith County Commission Company, Carthage, TN—Regular sale each Saturday with cattle starting at 1:30 p.m. Visit their
Facebook page (Smith County Commission Company, Inc.) to stay up to date!
- Tennessee Livestock Producers- Columbia Livestock Center, Columbia, TN—Regular sale each Thursday at 1:00 p.m. Special sale and other event dates can be found on their website, tennesseelivestockproducers.com.
- Dickson Regional Livestock, Dickson, TN—Weekly sale held on Monday. Stay up to date special sale dates by liking their Facebook page, Dickson Regional Livestock Center.
- Athens Stockyard, Athens, TN—Regular sale held each Tuesday at Noon, EST. Upcoming special sales can be found on their website, athensstockyard.com.
Weekly market reports can be found at www.cattle.com! Stay tuned to learn more about the livestock market in your area in the coming weeks.