The 2nd Annual Tennessee Cattlemen’s Association Summer Conference, also known as Tennessee Valley Livestock Conference, is right around the corner! This one day event will be held June 30th at the Walters State Expo Center in White Pine, TN. As time draws near, we hope that you have already made plans to attend but if not here are FIVE reasons why you should register TODAY!
- LIVE DEMOS. Unlike most conferences, TCA Summer Conference will include LIVE cattle demonstrations making it easier for you to learn common cattle working practices before taking the information home and applying it to your operation. This year’s demos include Cattle Grading with USDA Grading Specialists, Low Stress Cattle Handling (on foot and on horseback), and demonstrations on Animal Health by UT Animal Science Extension Specialists.
- NETWORKING. There’s no better place to network than the trade show at TCA Summer Conference. Vendors will include MyTeam Insurance, YTex, Tennessee Farmers Coop, AgCentral Coop, UT Beef & Forage Center, MidContinent Livestock, and many, many MORE! Whatever your need or interests, there will be something for everyone in the TCA Summer Conference trade show.
- FOOD. Three, 3, THREE. Yes, THREE, meals are included with your Summer Conference registration. And there’s a good possibility it will be BEEF!
- LEARNING. In addition to the valuable information you will learn from the LIVE demonstrations, there are other speakers lined up for the event to share their knowledge too. The keynote speaker for the 2nd Annual Summer Conference is the Amazing Grazing Coordinator, Johnny Rogers from NC State University. The Summer Conference premier sponsor, Tennessee Farmers Cooperative, is also scheduled to present in a special TFC sponsored session.
- STATE & NATIONAL UPDATES. It’s no secret that things are constantly changing in the agriculture industry, and who better to keep us updated on those issues than some of the most well-informed people in our industry. Conference attendees will have the opportunity to hear updates from NCBA President-elect, Jennifer Houston, Tennessee Beef Industry Council Executive Director, Valerie Bass, and the Tennessee Department of Agriculture.
These are merely FIVE (of many) reasons you should make plans to attend the 2nd Annual TCA Summer Conference. A detailed agenda, registration, and more information can be found at http://www.tncattle.org/tca-summer-conference. Don’t wait, EARLY registration ends Wednesday, June 20th. We hope to see you on June 30th in White Pine!