The Tennessee State Fair kicks-off TODAY in Nashville! We’ve rounded up (at least) FIVE things you will not want to miss at this year’s State Fair.
- CATTLE SHOWS—Not only does the State Fair kick-off TODAY but it kicks-off with the best part, the Junior and Open Cattle shows. Did you know the Tennessee State Fair serves as a Roll of Victory Angus Points Show, a Southeast Regional Shorthorn & Hereford Points Show, a Limousin Medal of Excellence Show, a Tennessee’s Top Tier points show? This can only mean one thing… Quality Cattle!
- FREE DAILY ATTRACTIONS—Everything from Racing Pigs and Barnyard Animals to Ham Cooking Demonstrations, Nightly Wrestling, African Acrobats, and SO MUCH MORE.
- BURGER GRILL OFF—As cattle producers, we are always thinking about BEEF and ways to incorporate it into the community. The Burger Grill Off does just that! The Burger Grill Off will be held on Friday, September 7th at 9:30 and will feature teams of local media personalities.
- FUNNEL CAKE 5K—The 4th Annual Tennessee 4-H Funnel Cake 5K will be held Saturday, September 15th. This is a great way to enjoy the fair while promoting healthy living and supporting Tennessee 4-H. It’s not too late to sign up, registration ends September 13th.
- MIDWAY RIDES—Of course it wouldn’t be the State Fair without corn dogs, funnel cakes and the MIDWAY. Make time to hit the Midway for some thrill-seeking fun!
There is no doubt there is something for everyone at this year’s Tennessee State Fair. For more information, times, etc. visit, www.tnstatefair.org.
Photos from the Tennessee State Fair Facebook page